Sunday, January 11, 2009

9th January 2009

Well I rang the neonates around 10am and everything was still scheduled to go ahead for some time in the afternoon. We arrived at the hospital by lunchtime and baby had already had a sponge wash and had been nil by mouth since 5am. We got her out for a cuddle because it would be about another week before we got one. We had her out for about an hour and then were told maybe surgery would be about 2 or 3pm. So we put her back and went downtown to get some lunch. While we were out we got a call saying that theatre had rung and they would call for her around 3.30pm. So we headed back to the neonates only to be told it would be around 5.30pm. Because I have had a tooth that has been killing me for ages, the coordinator from the neonates rang the dental department and explained the situation and asked if I could be seen. We got over there around 4pm and by 5pm I had my tooth pulled out. It has been bugging me for about 3 - 4 weeks, and it was such a relief to have it out. But it was so sore getting it done.
Anyway we got back to the neonates just after 5pm and then Mr. Pringle came in to tell us that he was calling surgery off for today. He was getting too tired and by the time they would finish would be well after 9pm. So the plan is for it to be done on Monday afternoon. He was so apologetic for wasting our time but we would rather have him wide awake then half asleep, but it wasn’t a waste of our time because I finally got my tooth out.

No comments: