Thursday, January 1, 2009

31st December 2008

New Year’s Eve!! Today we got in to town after lunch so we could get a nice long cuddle. We hadn’t really made much plans for tonight knowing that we have to come back into the hospital and we didn’t really want to do it with a hangover.
When we walked in I got a bit of a fright, I couldn’t see her little hat and her cpap setup so I thought the worst. I thought she had been put back onto the ventilator because she wasn’t coping. BUT to my surprise she has been taken off midline cpap and is now on Wellington cpap. That means she just has prongs up her nose instead of the snorkel looking set up. She is a big girl now and won’t be long she will be joining her mates in the next room.
She was kinda smelly too and hasn’t had a bath only a sponge wash so we gave her a nice bubbly bath. Her big sister Nimeesha was there to help us as big sisters do. She also washed her incubator for the nurses. After her bath I gave her a nice long cuddle and she was all tuckered out so she slept most of the time. Her weight today was 1300gms.

No comments: