Sunday, January 18, 2009

18th January 2009

Well I am going to call today “S” day, it stands for S**T. We got a phone call just after 11pm last night to tell us that our daughter had finally opened her bowels and did a number 2’s. You don’t know how excited we were, I think the nurses were all so excited as well which is why they rang us. They rang again 5 minutes later to say she had done another one. 11 weeks is such a long time to go without having one which is why we got so excited. Now we know her surgery has worked and she can poo on her own.
When we went in the nurse from last night had saved it for us in a little jar, how nice, but unfortunately I threw it away. I don’t think it would’ve lasted long in the house before it became rather smelly.
Before we left we did her cares oh and lucky me I got to change her nappy and to my delight she had done another poo just for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have beem following your story, I have a 12 week prem. Isnt it funny the things we get excited over? Might seem stupid to other people but it means the world to us lol.

mummaguts said...

YAY for the poos!!! Well done Trinity.
and lol, I would definately have made the cake a chocolate one.

louise - mum to 7.5wk premmie cameron.