Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12th January 2009

What a quick day today has been. My son had his check up so we were planning on getting to the hospital at around 10.30am. Trinity’s surgery was scheduled for some time in the afternoon, so Antz was going to finish work and then try and get there before she went in. As I was picking up my Mum from Tawa I received a phone call saying to be there by 10.30am as there was an opening in theatre so baby was going in early. We rushed to the hospital I dropped mum off with Cassius at the fracture clinic and then I raced around to the other entrance of the hospital. I was stuck in traffic outside of the hospital where they have put the new lights and my phone rang. They were going to meet me in theatre because baby was all ready to go. I finally parked the car and ran to the lifts with the phone playing “in the jungle the might jungle the lion sleeps tonight” (that’s my message tone) people thought I was a bit crazy. I got to the lifts and was waiting for what seemed like forever. I was nearly about to run up the stairs from level B to level H when a lift opened, 1 lady got in and then got out saying “oh we can’t go in there it’s a patient” well to my delight it was my daughter going up to theatre, I jumped in and off we went. I signed a couple of consent forms said a quick hello and goodbye to her and then she was straight in there.
I went back down to the fracture clinic and Cassius was all over and done with by lunchtime so we went and waited for his sister. It was only about half an hour when Mr. Pringle cam out and said it was all done. He was very happy with the procedure.
Baby was very sore so they sorted out all her morphine and antibiotics for safe measures and her ventilator. That took a while so we went and got lunch came back and then had a quick visit and then left. There wasn’t much we could do so we just let her rest.
I rang before I went to bed and they had put a catheter in so she could wee. She was very relieved they said after that. My poor baby. It’s now recovery time and it’s going to take a while but we are so glad that she has finally had this surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went ok.. i read your blog everyday, you have a strong lil girl :)

mealzrox88 said...

Oh wow she has grown so much- I can see lil fat rolls on her arms!
What a cutie :-)