Tuesday, February 24, 2009

23rd February 2009

Today was a big day for my little girl. She had her eye test at 7am and when I arrived at 10am we went down to the Nuclear Medicine department for her HIDA scan. It looked quite funny because it was a bed that an adult would lie on for a MRI or something similar, and there was this tiny little baby on the end of it. She was really good, she was starving but she behaved. Whoever invented the dummy is a genius. I don’t know how I survived all of my other 3 children without using 1. The test took ages but it went really well and they seemed to be pleased with it. They had to squirt some stuff into her veins and then look at her liver through a special camera. It looked really cool and it kinda looked like the milky way with lots of little dots.
When I got back I was told that she was going to have laser surgery for her eyes tomorrow because they were getting worse. 1 was worse than the other so they needed something done now rather than wait. It wasn’t new information we knew that she would probably end up having this it was just a matter of when. It will be done at around 7.30am so I definitely won’t be going in for that.
I know she will be in very capable hands so I won’t have anything to worry about.

No comments: