Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ward 19

Well here I am again in Ward 19 of Wellington Hospital. My daughter had her hernia operation no problems what so ever and here we are 3 weeks later with a severe case of bronchiolitis. She started getting a cold just over a week ago and we thought she would shake it off like she has done so many times before. But this wasn't to be so. My mum was watching her as I was out at rugby league at the premiers grand final, I was actually volunteering and working on the main gate. I had a text from my Mum saying they had rushed her into Wellington hospital because she was rolling her eyes back in her head, vomiting her feeds up and had no wet nappies. She was so breathless and turning up her oxygen was doing absolutely nothing. So they did an xray which showed her lungs had collpased. They put her onto midline CPAP, which is like taking 2 steps backwards for her. She hasn't been on that since she was at the neonates.
Anyway it is now day 5 and she has been put on Wellington CPAP which is 1 step closer to going home. Her oxygen requirements are slowly coming down and she needs to behave to be home by the weekend.

No comments: