Friday, June 12, 2009

12th June 2009

Well I am posting this latest message from Ward 19 of Wellington Children's Hospital. Unfortunately my daughters lung has collapsed again and she also has an infection in her lung. We came in yesterday and it looks like we are here for the long haul. She is doing remarkably well considering the circumstances. We were here just over 2 weeks ago with the same thing. She seemed to come right so we were sent home. Well because she had bronchiolitis they said the cough would last for quite some time, so she has been unsettled and quite grumpy for a few weeks now. She is having iv antibiotics and is having fluids. Her milk intake has been reduced, which she is not happy about at all. We have the same room from the last time, so I've told them to reserve it for us!! We are bound to be in here a few more times over the winter season. Roll on summer weather I say!! Fat chance of that happening.
I felt really sorry for my son Cassius yesterday, it was his birthday. I did however manage to make him a cake and cook him butter chicken for his dinner. I think he was quite happy with that. I told him we will do a proper birthday with his friends in a couple of weeks. Touch wood Trinity is okay then.
Until later that is all my updates for now, so feel free to come and visit us over the weekend, I am going to be rather bored!!!

No comments: