Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9th September 2009

My daughter is now having drug withdrawals from all of her medications she has been taking and has only slept for about 2 hours max in the last 2 days. She is now off her ventilator and is on CPAP. She should be going to the ward over the next couple of days. When she goes to the ward 1 of us will stay with her overnight.
My kids are loving it up here and they actually like going to school. We took all of them to Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World yesterday. Nimeesha was too scared at first to go near the glass. The big sting ray's were scaring her. I had to go up to the glass and put my hand on it to show her. I think they are all feeling relieved because they have seen their sister and are close by to her with us all together. My mum is still here with us but she won't go home until we go home or until she knows she is better. Antz will fly home this weekend and then bring our truck back up here. At least then we will have a car here and can go and find a cheaper supermarket and take the kids to the Otara markets (we didn't end up going last weekend).
I just found out today that 1 of the baby's that Trinity spent her first few months with in Neonates died yesterday. She had brain injuries. It's so sad for those babies that don't deserve that, their attackers need to be put away for a very long time, but the reality is that most of them get away with it because they can claim they had post natal depression or try and plead insanity. They need to change the law when it comes to the killing of children. The ones that are really abusive always fall through the cracks.
But on a brighter note my daughter is improving every day and I can't wait to take her home.

2 comments:

sandramoe said...

Praise the Lord, God Bless trinity-Storm

mummum said...

big shout out to my tama freakies I hope your sister is much better and be good for your nana me and papa miss you all the time kiss your sister for us bye for now